Pages

Monday, April 11, 2016

I

#ATOZ Challenge Theme: Finding Myself - Living My Life


Today I thought of writing about "I", something about myself.





“I, Me, Myself” - mostly used in synonym with ego, self promotion, thinking about one’s own self without giving regard to others. Isn’t thinking about your own self worthwhile?





I have been lucky enough to have a good childhood devoid of worries and compromise. Having said that, I would like to point that education was given more importance than anything, not just for good future, but for worldly wisdom and knowledge. There was no dearth of resources spent to gain knowledge, be it educational books or the extra curricular books. Being a good student had the perk of not being banned from watching television even during exams. I, on my own too, could balance studies, television time and my hobbies very well. Extra curricular activities in which I was good at, was given same importance as studies. My parents would take me to competitions whenever they found about them. Getting awards for the same gave them a pride which they displayed by various means.


Even as a child, I was a rebel who questioned many beliefs. But the questions were never left unanswered, nor were answered with unscientific reasoning. For beliefs where there wasn’t any scientific or logical explanation, I was told that it had been followed without any reasoning. I was given enough freedom to think and question things. Accepting things with changing times didn’t create distance. I was allowed to live the life that I wished. Peace prevails when there is no stubbornness in acceptance of ideals and changes.


I was also fortunate of not being kept aside just because I am a girl. Be it driving or getting education or anything, I have had this privilege of trying many things.




This freedom and the rebel in me was the foundation on which my idea of living life as I wished and the way I want was based. I commend people who live their lives for the sake of others. But living your life to the fullest is my dream,not only for myself, but I feel every person should have this privilege. Unfortunately, not many people are able to do this.


Doing things because people want me to do is the last thing on my mind. Being brought up as a free thinking girl may have made me like this. But regretting that I couldn’t do anything is not what I wish to do.

There are ample different ways of doing even simplest of the things and ample beliefs that can be skipped and questioned. “Change” is the new word portrayed to promote many things these days. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” Is the famous quote by Mahatma Gandhi. Of course, you do need mass support to achieve many things and to enlighten people. But for your personal freedom, all I can say is speak up. That is what I realised. (All thanks to my Husband for making me realise this). You want something, speak up; you do not want something, speak up! No one will do it for you!


This post is written for A TO Z Challenge.

1 comment:

  1. This was such an honest 'About me' Seeya. I am glad you were lucky enough to have a well-rounded childhood and sensible upbringing. The values we learn in our younger yesrs are what guide and mold us into what we are today. Being You and being true to your ownself in indeed important.
    Cheers
    @KalaRavi16 from
    Relax-N-Rave

    ReplyDelete