Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

To Blogchatter



What is your purpose of life? Every individual has her/his own purpose. Some recognise, some do not; some fulfill, some do not. Many sacrifice their dreams to fulfill the life that others have mapped out for them. While still others spend their lives in pleasing their near and dear ones. Most do not even dare to think beyond limits.

The surge of startups and doing something different and unique has become so common in recent times that the hint of uniqueness is lost in the process. The uniqueness has become common, every single day, you read an article applauding the skill and journey of a person who went against the norms of the society and did something different in her/his career. And then there is hardly or no news about the person. Life goes on and new article is published. Highlighting the achievements is of course required to encourage the crowd.

Whether you are one time wonder on articles or not, highlighting one’s achievements boosts her/his confidence. A very common advice is that success shouldn’t go in the person’s head so much that he/she stops the progress.

When I started blogging in 2008-2009, I didn’t know why and for whom I was doing it. Writing has always been my passion, or so I think. I remember noting down every thing I felt I should as far as I can remember. It started out with pencil and paper. The pencil was replaced with pen; pen and paper in turn was replaced by desktop, followed by laptop and recently by the smartphone. But writing hasn’t stopped. Of course there was a huge gap in my writing due to academics followed by job.

In this journey, I realised that with the blogging platform, I could bring out my writing from the closet and allow the many readers outside to read and understand my thoughts. Of course, then, I would write whatever came to my mind. As a kid,I had my stint of writing in newspapers for contests. But blogging crossed the barriers and allowed more people to view my style. But it wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. Telling the near and dear ones to read was a big task in itself; forget the people I do not know. Discouragement along with academics kept me away from writing for a really long period.

One blog post would come up once in six months which would hardly be read by one or two upon insisting. It was accidently that I stumbled upon this twitter account of Blogchatter few months back. After following, it took me another two months to actually start the conversation in the group; And then there was no stopping. :) :)

Thanks to encouragement by Richa- the brain behind Blogchatter, that I started writing again. In this community I found many people who encouraged to write and gave tips on blogging. I realised that if you need audience, community is a place which gives you support and encouragement. Now there is no looking back since I am in this wonderful community which has given me readers and good advice.

If I can be of any help to the community, it would be a great thing. For anyone who is seriously thinking of blogging,be it for pursuing your passion of writing or anything, this community is for you. It is through this community that you will learn that blogging is not just about writing, but has many things beyond writing.

I whole heartedly thank Blogchatter for coming up with ideas and activities to take our blog to the next level.

And thanks for choosing me as the First Blogstar of the Week.

I guess I still have a long way to go as far as blogging is concerned and I am sure Blogchatter will be with me for support and encouragement. Thank you again Blogchatter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment